"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Monday, December 28, 2009

A really interesting excerpt from The Youth Effect

Full disclosure, I maintain the Twitter and Facebook pages for Dr. Ronald Brown in Charlotte, NC. He is what I consider (and not because I am involved in a very small way with his practice) the "go to" doctor in this area for bioidentical hormones, if I were not in a practice in CA for my hormonal care, I would absolutely be seeing Dr. Brown as a patient.

For his Facebook page, I use short excerpts from his book, The Youth Effect, as postings twice a week (Dr. Brown is listed on Facebook under Dr. Ronald L. Brown if you want to "friend" him---it's pretty interesting reading). The excerpt I chose today to post really clarifies how absurd some of the criticism/concern/whining by some in the medical field about bioidentical hormones:
"Insulin is an excellent model of bioidentical hormone replacement. No one thinks twice about giving it to a patient who makes insufficient amounts of that vital hormone, but there is a lot of scuttlebutt about giving some other bioidentical hormones such as estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone to people whose bodies have become deficient in those hormones." (The Youth Effect, pp41-42)

I've read Dr. Brown's book (more than once, and way before I started doing any of this social media marketing) and yet until today I didn't realize what a profound statement this is, and how well it puts some of the nonsense about BHRT from so called "mainstream" medicine practitioners right back in their court. Just thought it was important to share it with you. By the way, you can get Dr. Brown's book on Amazon.com or through Dr. Brown's office, his office number is 704-333-4817.

No comments:

Post a Comment