"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Monday, October 26, 2009

'Bioidenticals' not FDA-approved, contain estrogen

This article has been ALL over the Internet since yesterday----I'm posting it from the Physorg. site.

I've learned to pick my battles and for those who are dead set against any form of bioidentical hormone therapy---that's fine for them, I've done research and for me it's the best option to improve my health. To each his own. Just a couple comments on the article:

Paragraph 4: Not all bioidentical hormones contain estrogen.

Paragraph 7: I'm going to bite the next arrogant doctor who tells me bioidentical hormone is just a marketing term with no medical meaning (and boy, try telling that to my own hormone physician or any other who is proficient in bioidentical hormones).

Paragraph 13: There is rigorous evidence of the efficacy of bioidentical hormones---studies done in Europe. There are likely not going to be any large scale studies done in the US anytime soon because the big pharmaceutical companies won't pay for studies for something that occurs in nature---they can't patent it and make huge profits.

Paragraph 17: Suzanne Somers takes 60 supplements a day. Good for her. I would barf if I tried to take that many supplements each day, never mind the fact that I can't afford it.

Have a happy, hormonally balanced day (as she heads off to the kitchen to mix up a protein shake).

No comments:

Post a Comment