"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Sunday, July 17, 2011

To Ward Off Dementia, Try Staying Healthy From Head to Toe

Most peri/menopausal women have experienced moments/hours/days of forgetfulness, and most of us have felt at one time or another that they may be "losing it"----early signs of dementia or Alzheimer's. I know I did, but the hormonal balance has made my cognitive functioning a lot better. I like to think my daily hour of exercise helps not only my back and hips, but also my brain.

Time Magazine discusses in this article how various health issues can affect your risk for developing dementia, and ways you can work to minimize those risks. This is a good one for me to post, I just finished a 45 minute weight and balance ball workout (I don't mind the balance ball, but ugh, I hate working with weights----but I know it's important for bone health). Enjoy the rest of your weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment