"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Saturday, October 15, 2011

Massage Therapy For Menopause

I don't do massages for a couple of reasons: 1. I have had post traumatic stress disorder in the past, and having someone I am not familiar/comfortable with touching me in such an intimate way can sometimes flip me out, and 2. I have very sensitive parts of my back, that if touched the wrong way can exacerbate big time pain (I would be so stressed that someone would set off the back pain that I could never relax enough during the massage to actually enjoy the massage!)

However, a number of women have told me that they have used massage therapy to help with menopausal symptoms, especially the stress and anxiety that so often accompanies the peri/menopausal transition. Check out this article from TheHuffingtonPost.com for some of the ways that massage therapy can relieve menopausal symptoms.