"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Sunday, July 15, 2012

Another site with some great ideas for water workout exercises!

Hi, everyone, I have not forgotten you......there just haven't been any good articles in the news this week on menopause/hormonal balance and related issues.

I've been dealing with a flare up in my back, and it's been very hot here in NC, so I am spending some time most days working out in the pool in my subdivision. Often I am the only one in the pool (which I love), and I get in my daily dose of sun/Vitamin D along with my workout. I do a lot of core strengthening, as the stronger my core is, the more stable my back is....And that helps my endurance. I do a lot of stretching, too, to stay as flexible as I can. I'm working out a bit more gently right now because of the flare up, but I know it doesn't last forever and I'll be able to up my workout intensity soon. I am also doing light weight workouts either at home or the Y for bone strength. There is an upside, however.......having to slow down and rest a bit more has increased my knitting time (I have a sweater for me, a sweater for a friend, and a shawl for me currently in progress), and also my reading time (hope to have a review on a menopause book for you later this week).



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad