"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Tuesday, February 19, 2013

HRC Medical Centers

Hi everyone, apparently this one slipped right by me.  All HRC Medical Centers are now closed.  They were a chain of bioidentical hormone replacement clinics located mostly in Southeast states (they heavily advertised their center in Charlotte on radio, TV and print media), and got into a lot of trouble with the TN State Attorney General.  Their "retired" medical director, Dan Hale, did jail time for Medicare fraud, lost his medical license, and went on to open this chain of clinics. I have gotten numerous complaints about the centers here in NC, and Mr./Dr. Hale is not real popular with the State of NC (read letter for fuller explanation).

I hate this not because I was ever a fan of HRC Medical (believe me, I wasn't) but because incidents like this  give a bad name to the practitioners who are truly experts in bioidentical hormones and are in it to help patients.  It was clear from the outset that HRC Medical had a lot of problems with their clinics, and I am glad that no other patients will be subjected to their "brand" of medical care.