"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Saturday, November 2, 2013

Good for the soul-------------

I've been away for a few days-----my first trip to Myrtle Beach! My friend Karen had an oceanfront condo for a week, and she graciously invited me to come stay with her for as long as I wanted.  I drove down Wednesday afternoon, and we all left about mid-morning on Saturday.  We mostly relaxed, at unhealthy food (hey, I get points for being honest), swam in the hotel pool (heated, and it was above average temperatures while I was there), and I spent part of Friday meeting the parents of a friend for lunch.

I took a couple slow but powerful walks on the beach------helped me to clear my head, reset my priorities, and I think now I am ready to put the effort into really, really getting back on track.  The weeks following my arm fracture have been very stressful---pain, physical therapy, anxiety about falling again, life stuff and so on.  Although I have been exercising, I haven't felt like I've been able to get back to maximizing my potential consistently, and the walks on the beach gave me time to talk to myself gently (I'm working on not beating myself up) about taking better care of myself.  I'm ready.

I wanted to share a few of the sunrise pictures I took (I'm still in awe that I had that kind of view each morning while sitting in my jammies!)......click here to see the entire album of pictures on Facebook (you do not need to be on FB to see the album).   Enjoy......I'm going to download these into my iPad and use as a slideshow with an "ocean wave" sound...........it will help me focus on my meditation.