"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Thursday, June 18, 2009

51 is fabulous!

Good early morning everyone-----important announcement------today is my birthday, and I get to be as silly as I want today!
I'm now a young and spritely 51, and the past year has been filled with lots of learning experiences, a few not so great, but mostly pretty valuable! I've started two blogs (I also have a personal blog over at Needle Notes ---- it's mostly my real life, my knitting projects, pretty much whatever pops into my head!) and of course, Holy Hormones, which has become a passion for me to educate other women about bioidentical hormone replacement therapy! I've made great friends with the Holy Hormones blog this year and I value all of those who read the blog each day....you ladies rock!
Those of you who know me in real life, or through the other blog, know that my three stuffed animals have very busy, active lives of their own (grin). This morning they announced that they would bring me my morning meds in bed:

And of course, can't forget the progesterone cream (heaven forbid!):

Eeyore and BB (Panda) are making a group effort out of making my morning protein shake:

L'Eeyore (short for Little Eeyore) is very curious, wanted to know if the blender was an amusement park ride for donkeys:

And BB noticed my bottle of fish oils, and wanted to know if they would help make her coat more shiny:

I will have to do an Internet search on "fish oil and panda coats" to let her know the most up to the minute research on that important subject.

I may or may not post a "real" article today, depends on where the day takes me! I am headed out to the gym later this morning (no better way to celebrate another year by working out!) and then tonight I am going to dinner with friends and yes, I am going to eat whatever I want!!!! I hope you all are having a good, happy, safe day, and I promise, by tomorrow I will be back to sharing articles on BHRT and related issues! Andrea

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! You are too funny-
    Not to put a damper on your Birthday but change of subject- I was banned from my Yahoo group today "beginning Menopause" for answering some questions some of the ladies had about my experience with Bhrt yesterday. No warnings- nothing- the moderator sent out this lengthy post about the hazards of Bhrt and went so far as to refer to me as "crazed and zealous" . I simply told the ladies how much Bhrt has helped me. No more hot flashes, night sweats, mood swings, thoughts of suicide, foggy head, aches , pains- nothing. They asked - I answered- I cannot believe the reaction of the moderator. Maybe I am crazed but who wouldn't be after being set free from the horrific symptoms. I am a new woman after 5 short weeks. Happy Birthday and keep up the great blog.Julez

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julez, I had heard other stories of people being banned on some of the Yahoo boards for talking about BHRT--isn't that just the most narrow minded thing you've heard! As far as I am concerned, not opening minds to other possibilities besides "Big Pharma" is a little crazed and zealous. I didn't get banned from whatever Yahoo group it was that I was in(can't remember what it was named) but the moderator sent me a very terse note that I was violating the board terms by talking about unapproved therapies. I left the group---not worth the hassle. Those of us on BHRT know that we are doing what is best for our health in our situation at this time in our lives, and we just work together to educate women who want to learn more! Thanks so much for posting, and for the birthday wishes, take care, Andrea

    ReplyDelete