"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Monday, June 8, 2009

'Hormones are raging' as alligators multiply in lowcountry

By Josh Lanier - The Island Packet

HILTON HEAD -- As alligator mating season blooms, an ever increasing number of the reptiles is ending up on front porches, in swimming pools and in backyards of Beaufort County homes.
More than 11 alligators have been captured in the county since Friday afternoon, Critter Management owner Joe Maffo said Sunday evening, including a 10-foot female found Saturday night wandering around a Hilton Head Island retirement community. Two Hilton Head gators were captured Sunday afternoon. Both were relatively small, Maffo said.

"Their hormones are raging right now," Maffo said. "They're really coming out like I've never seen before." Click here to read the rest of the article...

Note from Andrea----Yes, I am being silly tonight, but when I saw this article pop on one of my local news services (I live about 35 miles north of the SC State line)---I had to share it. I think we need to get those poor alligators some BHFA---bioidentical hormones for alligators!

No comments:

Post a Comment