"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Sunday, June 28, 2009

Fibrocystic breast lumps should not be ignored

Examiner.com Website
June 27, 9:14 PM

Fibrocystic lumps are often found before your period, due to hormonal activity; fortunately, they also can sometimes go away on their own, for the same reasons. They can grow, become extremely painful, and can occur in great numbers in both breasts. Although many allopathic (conventional medicine) physicians say there is absolutely no chance of these cysts becoming malignant, others disagree. Some go as far as to say that, in 15 per cent of cases, fibrocystic lumps can, over a long time, become cancerous. No matter what type of lump may be found, however, the important thing is to get it checked out immediately. You can't afford to play Russian roulette with your health. Click here to continue reading...

Note from Andrea: This is an area where I have first hand knowledge. I had a terrible time with fibrocystic breast disease before I started BHRT--my breasts were painful, and so cystic I often worried that a cancerous lump would go undetected by exam, so I started having mammograms at 35. Within a month of starting my bioidentical hormones, the lumpiness in my breast pretty much disappeared and I have not had a problem since. I commented on the website that I thought the article did a poor job because there is a world of difference between bioidentical hormones and synthetic hormones. Take care, everyone, stay cool (hot here today in Charlotte), and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment