"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I don't need your germs, thanks, I'm trying to cut down---

I really admire people who are regular visitors to their local gym or health club. I have been going to our local YMCA at least 5 days a week for over two years now, and it's one of the best thngs I have ever done for myself. However, on the rare occasions when I am sick, I do myself and everyone else a the Y a favour and I STAY HOME! I just got back from my Quick Fit class, which involves circuit training---one minute aerobics, one minute weight machine. One participant in the class was obviously not feeling well, and the exertion of the workout made her cough worse, and honestly, I hated touching the machines after she was on them. I just think it's more considerate to not spread an upper respiratory infection around unnecessarily. Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment