"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Tuesday, October 30, 2012

I haven't forgotten you!

I know it's been a while since I have posted.  I haven't forgotten you, a couple of things are going on:

  • I have some sort of problem in my hip (I think it's a pulled tendon) that is making it very difficult to sit for more than a few minutes at a time.  Limits my computer use!  Even worse, it's screwing up my exercise routines (I am able to exercise some, but it's a lot slower, modified routines, and it's tough to keep up my core strength, which is so important for my back).

  • The news right now is so dominated by election coverage, the meningitis outbreak from that one pharmacy in MA, and now, Hurricane Sandy that health related articles, particularly about menopause, are getting pushed to the back burner.  This happens sometimes when there are a bunch of big news stories all at once.  I'm sure once the election is over, the news will settle down a little and more articles that are appropriate for this blog will be featured. 
I'm from NY State, so of course, my thoughts are certainly with all of those in NY, and the other coastal states, suffering from that terrible storm that came ashore on Monday.  Here in NC, I live in an area that was actually largely unaffected, a few showers and wind and cold, but no property damage, loss of power, or anything like that.  NC was in the odd situation of having a hurricane warning at the east end of the state, and a winter storm warning at the west end of the state.  It's snowing about 2 1/2 hours from here in the NC Mountains, schools are closed and some have lost power.  Cold and gray here today; I went to the gym this morning, just got back from lunch with a friend, and now I am in for the day.  Plan to snuggle in for a little horizontal time to rest my back, and I think I will snuggle in with a good book.  Tomorrow I plan to put a big pot of chicken noodle soup in the crock pot ---- makes the house smell so good!

I promise to post any good articles about bioidentical hormones (or related menopausal issues) as soon as they come up, but for now, have a happy, safe Halloween.  Someone asked me what I was going to be for Halloween, and I said "home".