"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Medicalization Of Human Problems Is A Growth Industry -- But What Does It Cost?

You are likely to see a lot more about this issue on the news as the health care debate grows more heated ----- check out this article from MedicalNewsToday.com. I get hit with this a lot in conversations about bioidentical hormones "well, menopuase is a natural condition and women shouldn't rely on medications to get through it". As much as I would like to scratch the eyes out of people who smugly say things like this to me, the fact of the matter is bioidentical hormones do not "simply" relieve menopausal symptoms, hormones affect every system in the body (and I have the blood work to prove it.) My cholesterol has dropped 75 points, my bone density is much improved, my dry eyes have improved, and I now have the energy to exercise 6 days a week, and that opens up a whole new box of health improvements.

Speaking of exercise, time to head out the door for my fitness walk ---- then knitting group this afternoon. Make it a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment