"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Thursday, May 6, 2010

Memory loss and menopause

Whoo, boy, this is a perfect article for me to share with you today. I am anxiously (really anxiously) awaiting a new shipment of progesterone and my T3 thyroid medication, I got my blood work back and I am definitely off hormonally (this happens about once a year with me, the bloodwork timing and my meds don't quite line up right). I've been really tired for a couple weeks (T3) and I am experiencing a bit of the "brain fog" I used to have pre-BHRT. It's not awful but I am used to feeling really great---so I definitely notice the difference. The mental fog/cloudiness can be one of the scariest symptoms of menopause, especially if we know someone who is dealing with dementia or Alzheimer's disease (I know two people right now, so it's always in the back of my mind). Check out this article from BellaOnline.com ---- and as always, talk to your doctor about your symptoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment