"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Sunday, May 6, 2012

Better Sleep Through Meditation: 4 Techniques To Try Tonight

I'm a big fan of meditation, it has helped me with sleep, with pain and with stress managment.  One of the things I love about my new iPad is that it has a bunch of meditation apps on it, and I have also found (and shared with you on the blog) a couple great YouTube videos on meditation and deep breathing. 

This is not a new article from the health section of The Huffington Post.com, but it's concise and has some very good information for those of you who are struggling with sleep (behind hot flashes, disrupted sleep is the most common peri/menopausal difficulty I hear about from women.....I can empathize, I've been there!)  I use guided imagery some nights to help me get to sleep, other nights I like a program that plays sounds of nature, I love the sound of gentle rain (something we need a bit more of in Charlotte right now----we're in a mild drought situation). 

Wishing you all a great night's sleep, tonight and every night!  Oh, and if you are wondering, I take 3 mg of melatonin every night (over the counter supplement, works well, better than any sleeping med I used to take), and I also take a Cortisol Manager every night.