"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Thursday, January 31, 2013

Don't forget!

Tomorrow is National Wear Red for Women's Heart Health Day!  Let's all do our part to raise awareness for women's heart health, our own and that of the women in our lives.  I'm going to be attending a women's heart health fair on Saturday with a couple of my friends (will share any pictures I get over the weekend), and I have a pretty red shawl to wear.  All of February is Women's Heart Health Month, so expect many of my blog posts over the next few weeks to be "cardiac" related!

It's also Superbowl weekend, and quite honestly, you should be astonished I even know that (not particularly a sports fan).  I do know that the Baltimore Ravens and the San Francisco 49er's are the two teams involved  (but I had to look it up on the NFL website to double check), so if you have an allegiance to either of those teams, I hope it's a great weekend for you!  I will probably have the game on for a while to watch the commercials (although I know a number of them are already online), but will be switching over to PBS at 8 pm to rewatch an episode from Call the Midwife, then a new episode of Downton Abbey (hooked on that show).  However you spend Sunday, make it happy (which is always heart healthy!)