"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Thursday, April 8, 2010

Vitamin D Could Help Seasonal Allergy Sufferers

Good morning -------achoo! (bless you). The Southeast is suffering through the worst allergy season in at least a decade (I've been in NC 6 springs now and this is the worst I've seen it). I watched a lady walking around the grocery store last week with an open box of Kleenex in her cart---she couldn't go 10 feet without either sneezing or blowing her nose. When I first moved down here from NY, my allergies were awful in the spring and fall, and I would be on antihistamines for about 6 months of the year. I started the progesterone cream (BHRT) in September 2006, and have not taken an antihistamine since. Hell, as bad as allergies get down here, I'd take it for no other reason!

I ran across this article on KDKA.com about how Vitamin D (which is a prohormone, not really a Vitamin)----a study found that kids with allergy and asthma problems were more likely to be Vitamin D deficient. As always, talk to your doctor about the right amount of Vitamin D for you (I take 5000 IU's daily, under doctor supervision).

Have a great day----we are looking forward to rain in the Carolinas later on today to wash the pollen out of the air----I just want it off my car!

No comments:

Post a Comment