"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Walking may ease some burdens of menopause

Talk about serendipity----I'm just getting ready to go out for my walk (I need to work out the kinks from a half day small business seminar yesterday---sitting is tough for me), and this article from Reuters popped up on the email. Many peri/menopausal women tell me that walking is their favourite form of exercise. I love to walk here in NC three seasons of the year, in the summer it's too hot unless I go out really early in the morning (I am not an early morning exerciser, I'm up but need time to limber up, I usually hit the gym about 9:30 am or after).

Cloudy and a little cooler today in NC, the pollen counts are going through the roof. Each of the breakout sessions I was in yesterday at my conference was punctuated by "achoooo" and "bless you" (Southerners are very polite). Make it a great day, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I love walking. You don't have to think or take directions, just go. I have discovered the joy of listening to books on my IPod and that really makes the time go by. I live in Illinois and our winters have been nasty the past couple of years. Today though it reached 80 degrees. It is delightful to be out and about. Plus, walking is free.

    ReplyDelete