"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Doctors Seek Way to Treat Muscle Loss

Muscle strength is something that we need to take seriously as we age----I do not want to be my mother, who by age 65 could barely lift herself out of a chair because she refused to take care of herself.

I found this article from the NY Times.com on Dr. Carr's Facebook page, and I was particularly interested in what he had to say about muscle strength as we age. I agree, I would rather maintain protein intake, do resistance exercise, and take supplements (much as I hate downing them every morning!), and maintain hormonal balancethan take pharmaceuticals. Having said that, I just got out of the pool (water aerobic workout---important but not muscle building) and after lunch I will do a strength training workout (I have light weights here at home). Make it a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment