"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Six Things Every Woman Should Know About Her Periods

Good morning! Today I am sharing an article from MSN.com ----- there are a lot of misconceptions about menstrual periods and a woman's transition to peri/menopause. Some good, basic information here, and pay particular attention to the part about seeing your doctor when you start to notice significant changes in your menstrual periods (heavy bleeding, clotting, etc.) as it may be a normal change, but it can also signify a problem. I can speak to this one with some authority, my periods got so heavy that I was confined to the house for the first two days when it hit, I was soaking an overnight pad in two hours, etc. I practically had to manhandle my doctor at the time to do a vaginal ultrasound, and turns out I had fibroids. I've said it before, but I wish I knew then what I know now about BHRT!

No comments:

Post a Comment