"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Thursday, August 5, 2010

High-Protein Diet Linked To Bone Density Loss In Post-Menopausal Women

This is just something to be aware of ---- BetterHealthResearch.com is reporting on a study done looking at different types of diets on bone density health in post-menopausal women. As is my usual caveat, talk to your doctor.

For those of you who are new to the blog---I was diagnosed about 5 years ago with a mild case of osteopenia, the precursor to osteoporosis. I started bioidentical hormone therapy the next year. Last summer, I had a repeat DEXA scan, and it showed that not only do I no longer have osteopenia, my bone density is now comfortably in the normal range. I am of course, thrilled (my doctors too!) Besides the BHRT, I take 5000 IUs Vitamin D daily, and I exercise five days a week (I have a bad back, so I need to exercise for a lot of reasons).

No comments:

Post a Comment