"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A Plum By Any Other Name

This topic was screaming at me from my newsfeed yesterday-----check out this article from Women's Day Magazine (yes, that's me commenting at the end of the article). A small study was done that shows women who eat 10 prunes a day for a year had a higher bone density than the control group who ate 10 dried apples every day for the same year. I'm getting a little queasy just thinking about eating 10 prunes a day (or as they are now called, dried plums). I would far rather be bioidentically hormonally balanced, take my daily Vitamin D (I take 5000 IUs daily, as always, check with your doctor on this), and do regular weight training exercise. On a side note, all that weight exercise I am doing is starting to pay off, my arms are far from beautiful, but there is a wee bit of muscle definition----I'm very proud!

Have a wonderful day, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment