"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Monday, June 28, 2010

Progesterone Is Effective for Hot Flash Treatment and Provides an Alternative to Estrogen, Study Finds

It's Monday, so I get to be a little sarcastic this morning. Progesterone provides relief for hot flashes----well, duh! Women who have been taking bioidentical hormones for years could tell you that it does, although many of us take our progesterone via creams instead of orally. When I started BHRT in September 2006, my hot flashes were so bad I was soaking at least 2-3 outfits a day---it was awful! Within three days of starting the progesterone cream----no more hot flashes and I haven't had one now in nearly four years. ScienceDaily.com presents an article about the efficacy of oral progesterone on relieving hot flashes (vasomotor symptoms).

No comments:

Post a Comment