"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Friday, June 4, 2010

Testosterone To Treat 'Male Menopause' Questionable

This article from MedicalNewsToday.com is one of many that have exploded on the Internet this week questioning whether male menopause, known as "andropause" truly exists. I have spoken to a number of men who will enthusiastically detail how much testosterone therapy has helped them, so I am in the camp that believes men need bioidentical hormone replacement as much as women. I have an email in to my doctor to clarify the statement in the article about synthetic hormone efficacy being questioned---the testosterone I take is bioidentical, and I believe that much of the testosterone therapy given is bioidentical, be it patches (Androgel), shots, transdermal creams, or Sotto Pellet therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment