"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Saturday, September 24, 2011

Soy protein reduces progression of atherosclerosis in women within 5 years of menopause

Good news for those of you who consume soy products! A new study out from the USC Keck School of medicine shows a reduction in the progression of atherosclerosis (thickening of the coranary arteries) in women who consume soy products if (and this is important) the introduction of soy into the diet occurs within about five years of the onset of menopause. Read more about it from News-Medical.net.

I'm going to be away from my computer for most of next week, so don't think I have disappeared if I don't post until the end of next week. I am taking a much needed break and getting away for a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment