"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Choosing a doctor should be like the Amazon shopping experience

I'm an admitted geek about medical stuff (particularly when it comes to hormones). One of the reasons I got into this whole thing of helping women research and find doctors/compounding pharmacies who work with bioidentical hormones is that there are a number of BHRT clinics popping up who are blatantly ripping off patients, and your health is at stake. It drives me nuts to hear some of the stories that women tell me about bad experiences with these places.

Check out this article from KevinMD.com's blog, since I am a big fan of Amazon.com the title of the post caught my eye. Pay particular attention to the bottom of the fifth paragraph ---- the part about how most American's spend more time planning a vacation than they do choosing a doctor. Scary, but all too often true (and I have been guilty of this myself).

I will likely post again this week, but in case I don't ------- I wish you all a happy, healthy, and safe Thanksgiving holiday!