"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Saturday, January 28, 2012

How books, puzzles may help ward off Alzheimer's

The husband of one of my friends is dealing with frontal temporal dementia (and he is only in his mid 60's), so quite naturally I am very aware and concerned about my own cognitive function. This article from MSNBC.com piqued my interest, it discusses how keeping the brain busy and active with puzzles and books over a lifetime may help ward off Alzheimer's Disease. I love to read, and I enjoy sudoku puzzles so I am happy that two of my interests may also be helping me stay healthy.

Hanging out with your friends is another way to stay healthy and active, and that's what I plan to do today (and actually did yesterday too, so I'm staying in tip top shape!) ------ have a great weekend, everyone!