"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Monday, January 16, 2012

What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Osteoporosis and Bioidentical Natural Progesterone

If you are not already a reader of the blog Bioidentical Hormone Health-----you should be. Today's article on bone health is spot on ----- I couldn't have said it better myself. I'm running off a copy of it to take to the gym tomorrow, the ladies in my exercise class smugly tell me how they are taking care of their bones with osteoporosis drugs---and they are the same ones who lecture me about how their doctor's tell them that "a hormone is a hormone". I try not to even react anymore (my primal urge is to bite them). I cannot overemphasize the importance of bone health----it's what is going to help us stay active, independent and mobile as we grow older. My own mother fell about two years before her death and broke several bones in her upper arm, and she just gave up, she refused to walk much after that because she was afraid of falling, and it led to her being bedridden and very, very depressed and unhappy. I do not plan to follow that path.