"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Obesity Plus Low Vitamin D May Add Up to a Greater Risk of Diabetes

Good afternoon everyone! Since regular readers of this blog know I am big on Vitamin D supplementation (you are getting your Vitamin D level checked, aren't you?), I thought
This article from Science Daily might be of interest to you. A recent study indicates that patients who are obese and who are also Vitamin D deficient are at much higher risk for diabetes than patients who are obese OR Vitamin D deficient.

Speaking of Vitamin D.......I am heading out to the outdoor pool to get in a cardio/stretching workout (did weights this morning at the gym), and while I'm outdoors in the pool I'll get a good dose of Vitamin from the NC sunshine! Have a great day, everyone!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad