"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Friday, May 14, 2010

Moving through midlife

Finally getting off my butt and deciding that NOT exercising was not working was one of the smartest decisions I have ever made. I started working out regularly about 4 years ago, and the improvement in many areas of my overall health are remarkable. I do water fitness at least two days a week (more in the summer, my subdivision has a pool), two days of circuit training, and at least two walks a week. I also try to do balance ball exercises a couple days a week to help with core strength.

Found this article in the CharlotteObserver.com----lists a bunch of different ways that women in their 40's and 50's can work out throughout their midlife and beyone. Enjoy, get out there and move your body this weekend, and stay safe!

1 comment:

  1. Once you find the types of exercises that you enjoy doing, it makes getting off the sofa so much easier.
    I try to get in yoga, walking, and spin classes. This seems to be working for me.

    ReplyDelete