"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Saturday, May 8, 2010

Take Vitamin D With Largest Meal

This article is of particular interest to me ------ I just got my latest blood work back this week, and damn it, despite the 5000 IUs daily of Vitamin D3-----I'm still too low! Bumping it up for a while to see if we can't get my levels up (and it's also going to be a great excuse to get out and get a little extra sun!). This is from WebMD.com ----- apparently we should be taking our Vitamin D with our largest meal of the day. I've been taking it in the morning with my protein shake, which is NOT my largest meal of the day. I have an email in to my doctor to ask him about this, but WebMD is usually a pretty reliable source of information.

No comments:

Post a Comment