"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Tackling depression without drugs

I took antidepressants for about 15 years before I got my hormones balanced, and about 6 months after starting the progesterone cream, I was able to slowly (and with physician supervision---never do this on your own) wean off the antidepressant and anti anxiety medications. (Ironically, I just interrupted writing this post to answer the door bell ---- my new shipment of Vitamin D arrived----which also helps with depression!). Check out this article from Newsday.com discussing the widespread use of antidepressants, side effects, and alternate ways (including hormone balance) of dealing with depression.

1 comment:

  1. I was surprised to read how many women in the US are taking an antidepressant -- but there are alternatives! Here's a good article from Women to Women on natural ways -- food, exercise, EFT, etc. -- to break depression. Antidepressants and natural alternatives

    ReplyDelete