"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Give Osteoporosis Drugs A Holiday To Help Them Work Better

I've been very clear on this subject ---- there is absolutely NO way I would ever take the bisphosphonate drugs ----- both my doctor and I think they are dangerous. That, however is a decision between you and your health care provider. I was intrigued by this post from bio-hormone-health.com about a Loyola University study. The findings of the study concluded that patients can safely take a "holiday" from these drugs, up to several years. As always, you need to talk to your doctor before making any changes in your medication.

1 comment:

  1. A few years back, my doctor prescribed Fosamax. I have learned to always research a drug BEFORE filling the script. I read numerous reviews on Fosamax. The review that stuck with me and sealed the deal was from a pharmacist. He referred to these type of drugs as "drain cleaner". That's all I needed to know.

    ReplyDelete