"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Thursday, January 6, 2011

Research shows bedtime intake of levothyroxine may benefit hypothyroid patients

My usual caveat TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE MAKING ANY CHANGES-----but this article from EndrocrineWeb.com discusses a study relating to the timing of taking levothyroxine (the brand name is Levoxyl, some take brand name and some use a generic form). I take it myself and have always taken it first thing in the morning (an hour before eating), but this study indicates that taking it at night may lower TSH levels (lower is better for TSH). I have an email (just sent it) in to Dr. Carr regarding when he wants me to take it----oh, boy, if he changes me to nighttime, it will rock my world as I am such a creature of habit :).

1 comment:

  1. Most of my life, I've been using desiccated porcine thyroid supplements . It has made a great improvement to my health.

    ReplyDelete