"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Monday, February 28, 2011

8 insomnia tips to help you fall asleep without drugs

Now that my hormone balance is on target, I do not struggle nearly as much with insomnia as I used to, but because of chronic back pain, I still don't sleep as well or as much as I would like to. I know it's a huge problem for a lot of women in the peri/menopausal transition.

Came across this article from KevinMD.com (great medical blog, some of it's over my head because it is geared to medical professionals, but I still learn a lot from it!) on 8 tips to help with insomnia. I know a regular sleep schedule (lights out by 1020 pm, up at about the same time each morning, about 645-715) and regular exercise help me the most. I also take melatonin at night, it's helped me more than any of the sleeping meds I used to take (and believe me, I have tried them all!)

No comments:

Post a Comment