"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Thursday, February 24, 2011

Higher Vitamin D Intake Needed To Reduce Cancer Risk

Ah, yes, I have not shared an article on Vitamin D (which, as regular readers know, is a prohormone, not a vitamin) in a couple weeks. MedicalNewsToday.com has an article discussing the findings of a UC San Diego study that shows most of us need to be taking a lot more Vitamin D than we are currently taking. Full disclosure, I am currently taking 10,000 IUs daily, per recommendation of my doctor. I was taking 5000 IUs and had blood work taken last October, and it showed that I am still slightly below Dr. Carr's optimal range of 70-100 ng/dl (mine was 62). I'll be anxious to see what it is come spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment