"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Wednesday, March 30, 2011

FDA Allows De Facto Generic of Pricey Preemie Drug Makena

As most of you know, I am not a fan of the FDA (Food and Drug Administration)---and conversely, they are not a fan of bioidentical hormones. However, I am cheering their recent decision to refuse to punish compounding pharmacies who make the progesterone shots that some pregnant women need to prevent preterm births. KV Pharmaceuticals (who are now on my list of companies I do not like) has tried to patent these shots and sell them for approximately 1000% the cost of what they are from the compounding pharmacy. That is, in my mind, criminal. Click here to read the story from ABCNews.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment