"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Monday, March 7, 2011

Sleepy Adults Feel Effects Every Day

I know I posted an article a week or so ago about combating insomnia, so in that same train of thought......check out this article from MedPageToday.com. It discusses the day to day effect of too little sleep-----and it's important reading. I still struggle a little with getting a good night's sleep, although now that I am hormonally balanced, it's not nearly as bad as it used to be. I take melatonin, and I also take a supplement by Integrative Theraputics called Cortisol Manager. It helps to relax me (and has dropped my cortisol level by 25% in the last year). I also use (although not as regularly as I should) meditation tapes (I love the ones by Andrew Johnson, they are on my IPhone). His voice is very soothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment