"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Wednesday, March 16, 2011

There are advantages to being 50+-------

I had one of those unbelievably cool days today----

WCNC (the NBC television affiliate in Charlotte) has a one hour show daily from 11 am - noon called Charlotte Today, focusing on issues in and around the Charlotte area, particularly those concerning women. Although the show does not usually have a studio audience, today 20 women were chosen to be part of a very special show celebrating the "Fabulous 50's". I was absolutely honoured to be one of the women chosen to be in the audience, and I had an absolute hoot of a time. The cast and crew of the show were absolutely wonderful to us, and it was great to see all the behind the scenes of how the show comes to be. You can click here to see my Facebook album of all the pictures I took (it was a riot to see 20 people running around with cameras taking pictures all over the place---and you do not need to be on Facebook to see the pics), but I wanted to share this special picture with you. Larry Sprinkle (yes, that really is his name!) is the long time meterologist at WCNC, and he does a great deal of charity work in the community. I've wanted to meet him for a long time----today I got my chance, and he was as gracious, kind and personable as I hoped he would be.

At the end of the show, we all got a nice little gift bag of Aveda products, and a book called 50 Things To Do When You Turn 50 ----- I'll put a review of it here on the blog when I read it.

I'll be back tomorrow or Friday with a hormonally related post----until then, have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment