"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Causes of Women's Fatigue

Besides hot flashes, fatigue is the most common complaint I get from women in the peri/menopausal transition. I've been there, I remember before getting my hormones balanced and getting healthy sobbing in my doctor's office more than once because I couldn't sleep and I was a zombie during the day. It's miserable! My sleep still isn't perfect (back pain issues and years of not sleeping), but it's much better and most nights I get at least some quality sleep.

Check out this article from WebMD.com about some of the common reasons that women are so tired. As always, talk to your doctor about any sleep or tiredness issues.

1 comment:

  1. Great blog and so true! I am only 29 but after I started on bioidentical hormones for my thyroid and other issues, I slept through the night for the first time. I am now treating my adrenal fatigue and feeling much better. This blog is great and I continuously look forward to it!

    ReplyDelete