"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Age Is No Barrier to Muscle Building

Good morning, and yes, I know I haven't posted in a week! A combination of very busy week, a lack of good articles to share, and a few thunderstorms in the area that have limited my computer time.

If you don't already read Dr. Weil's blog----think about adding it to your list of things to do. He has some good, concrete tips for aging successfully. Check out his blog post from last week----I harp and harp to my friends that weight training is an absolute crucial part of a fitness program. So many people focus on cario workouts only. I take a circuit training class twice a week, and then do a third workout with weights at home each week. I also walk, do water aerobics and stretches (very bad back so this is all pretty much physical therapy for me.)

Again, and I can't stress this enough in the hot weather, be sure to hydrate!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment