"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Friday, June 15, 2012

Fifty Shades of ??????

Full disclosure, I have not (yet) read Fifty Shades of Gray or the other two books in the series.  It's on my summer reading list, but then again, so are a lot of other things, and life has been busy lately.  I also have not read Ellen Dolgen's book Shmirshky-The Pursuit of Hormone Happiness.  I plan to (I just checked, it's available at my library).......I've heard good things about it, I just need to get past my distaste at someone referring to their vagina as a "shmirshky." 

I am, however, very much into advocating for women's sexual health, so I enjoyed reading Ellen Dolgen's article this morning in the HuffingtonPost.com.  I use estriol cream for vaginal atrophy/dryness, it's inexpensive (by prescription) and is often covered under insurance plans.  If you are experiencing vaginal dryness, talk to your doctor about using it, addressing the underlying problem (lack of hormones) is far preferable to masking the problem with KY Jelly or other lubricants.

Happy Father's Day weekend to all!