"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Tuesday, June 12, 2012

What you need to know about fibromyalgia

I have long known that progesterone cream has helped a number of people who are dealing with fibromyalgia, I have talked personally to several women who tell me that their symptoms of the disease have markedly decreased with hormone optimization.  I know Dr. Carr has patients with fibromyalgia that he is successfully treating with bioidentical hormones.   It makes my heart sing to hear that, as although I do not have the disease myself, I know how hard it can be to deal with a chronic pain issue, and so many patieints with fibromyalgia go through a frustrating ordeal with doctors who don't know what to do for them, or worse, don't care. 

I've seen very little written about hormonal balance and fibromyalgia, so I was glad to see this article from FoxNews.com written by a physician who specializes in bioidentical hormone therapy.  I know the women I have spoken to tell me that the progesterone cream is what seems to really make the difference, which makes sense since progesterone is known to reduce inflammation.  I hope you will share this article with anyone you know who may be struggling with fibromyalgia.