"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Tuesday, February 18, 2014

A little funny to get you through the week.......

I shave my legs weekly all the time because even in cold weather, I generally wear shorts to the gym.  One of my friends posted this on her Facebook page, and I just burst out laughing, so I thought it would be fun to share with all of you.  In the winter, I try to put cream (CeraVe Cream works best for me) on my feet every night, but sometimes, I just want to be lazy and skip a day or two.  I keep myself motivated with the thought that sandal season is just around the corner (here in NC, I can start wearing sandals at least some days starting in mid to late March, and through at least mid to late October, sometimes later!) and that I want my feet to look pretty when they are half naked.  I have a thing about lizard feet, women of any age who wear sandals should make the effort to keep their feet as soft as they can.  It's also a safety issue....cracked skin on the heel (or anywhere) is at risk of infection, and can making walking very painful.

Last week at this time we were on winter weather watch/snow storm warning, and today it hit 63 degrees! Made me a little giddy, although I know that we are expecting another blast of cold next week.  Tomorrow it may reach 70 degrees!  Our average high this time of year is about 55 (which is why I live in the south now...I'm originally from Upstate NY.)  Bring it on, I am ready for sun, singing birds and blooming flowers!