"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Big Ow awareness campaign

Oh, my God, the title of this article made me laugh----but it also got my attention and so it accomplished its goal! Canada is launching The Big Ow campaign----the big "OW" being vaginal atrophy. As a woman ages and her estrogen levels decrease, vaginal dryness and atrophy become relatively common. It saddens me that so many women feel they cannot talk to their doctor about it (I'm really lucky, I can talk to my doctor about ANYTHING)---but I know from my email correspondence that many women would sooner suffer than discuss the problem or treatment options with their healthcare provider. I use a little estriol cream intravaginally, and it works great. Estriol is the weakest of the three forms of estrogen, so it's safe to use --- in fact, I am so estrogen dominant it's the only form of estrogen I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment