"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Friday, February 26, 2010

Helping Your Husband Understand Perimenopause

Since I am single, this is one issue I did not have to deal with, but so many women who write to me tell me that their husbands are less than sympathetic with their menopause symptoms, particularly hot flashes. This morning I ran across this article from Xomba.com----it has some "ways" to make your husband more empathetic to your hot flashes.

1 comment:

  1. I just found a new meno blogger who is blogging mainly on the topic of menopause and marriage -- I'll have to dig up her blog and pass along the link. I'll also pass along two articles on the topic of discussing menopause with your partner (hint: pour a glass of wine and have a menopause "date" -- a set timeframe to have the big discussion about you're going through) and ways your partner can give you support. Excelllent! I need all the support I can get!

    Bridging the gap — talking with your partner about menopause

    How can I help her?
    10 ways to support your partner in menopause

    ReplyDelete