"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Sleep yourself skinny: It's not only leaving us shattered and ill. Experts say too little shut-eye is making us fat

Lack of sleep as a contributing factor to obesity is not a new concept---it's been well known for years. I know in my own case (pre hormone balance) that I would get so upset and anxious about laying awake for hours that I would get up and eat (something unhealthy) just to comfort myself. this article from the DailyMailOnline.com has some good recommendations for sleep hygeine, as well as some information on the research. Sleep has been a struggle for me because of chronic pain issues (back pain from a bad car accident), but it sure has improved since I went on BHRT. A recent "find"-----I have an app for my IPhone that's a sleep meditation---by Andrew Johnson. He has this very mild Scottish brogue that I find very soothing. Best $2.99 I've spent this year.....drop me an email if you want more information about it. Make it a great day---the sun is out here in NC, but oh, it's still too cold----come on spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment