"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Sunday, May 1, 2011

Replacing hormones: Pellet implantation

I know a lot of you have questions about pellet therapy for bioidentical hormones. It's only available for estrogen and testosterone, I am pretty sure it will never be available for progesterone because of the molecular structure of that hormone. My own physician, Dr. Carr, has done pellet therapy successfully with a lot of patients, the only reason I have not done it is because of the distance involved (I live in NC, he is in Southern CA).

This piece from a Colorado Fox News affiliate includes a video that gives a pretty good overview of the pellet insertion process. Thought you might enjoy seeing it, especially if you are considering pellet therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment