"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Monday, May 30, 2011

10 dumb things you do at the doc's office

Good morning and Happy Memorial Day!

Check out this article from CNN.com. Medical care is expensive, whether it's out of pocket or covered by insurance, so it's important to make the most of your office visit. I think my friends get tired of hearing me say that they need to be upfront with every doctor/healthcare practitioner who treats them about what medicines they are taking----including bioidentical hormones, supplements and over the counter medications. I get emails from ladies all the time who tell me they have not told their primary care doctor they are taking bioidenticals because they fear the primary care doctor will laugh at or scold them. It drives me nuts ---- both that the patient isn't being upfront, and that the doctor would ridicule a patient. I also encourage everyone to make a list of your medications, hormones, supplements, surgeries, and emergency contacts and keep a copy with you at all times.

Have a great holiday, remember why we observe Memorial Day and stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment