"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Friday, May 6, 2011

Smart Living: Adrenal fatigue syndrome--Real or fake?

There is a lot of controversy over whether adrenal fatigue even exists, but I am in the camp that it does, and it affects a significant number of people, especially around the peri/menopausal and post menopause age group. I suffer from it myself---my cortisol level had hovered around 19.8 for quite a while, but with stress reduction practices and supplements, I have been able to reduce it to about 15. I have chronic back and hip pain, which stresses the body and contributes I just had blood work done and don't have the results back yet, so I don't know what it is right now.

This piece from AustinYNN.com came up this morning, a short article and video about the symptoms and treatments for adrenal fatigue. I am sure you will see yourself in some of the symptoms. I have not yet read the book mentioned in the piece, but I have it on my Amazon.com list for when I next place an order!

Have a great weekend, everyone, and for all the moms out there, Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment